The More you make, the more you spend...
Getting new jobs that have helped our income, we have found that we are spending as much as we make or maybe more. Little things we "need", more like want. Going out A LOT! Isn't helping us save for a house. I guess it is one of those little life lessons God puts you through to learn restraint and determine where your values lie.
I have wanted an MP3 player for awhile, no-not an iPod, they are fun and cool i get it. They just aren't that appealing in general, but the fact EVERYONE has one, turns me off more than anything. After working in the consumer electronic arena for awhile I got to see just how "Great" they are, it is scary. $350 portable gadget that costs $200+ to get a battery replaced. Yeah, just buy a new one! Plus, "10 million iPod's SOLD..." What they don't mention is also 4 million defective returns. It is weird how many people would want an iPod without even knowing what they were, or that an mp3 player is an iPod and that there are others. Today, when reading my rss feeds on gadgets and my techie world, i found this site: iDont. It sum'd up my feeling about iPod's so gracefully and more importantly, it was funny! In short, I would like an mp3 player for the bus so I can listen to music, watch some fun little video's, and also listen to audio books. That'd be nice, but is it worth it? Is it worth $200.. Still doesn't seem like it, maybe down the road.
I have wanted an MP3 player for awhile, no-not an iPod, they are fun and cool i get it. They just aren't that appealing in general, but the fact EVERYONE has one, turns me off more than anything. After working in the consumer electronic arena for awhile I got to see just how "Great" they are, it is scary. $350 portable gadget that costs $200+ to get a battery replaced. Yeah, just buy a new one! Plus, "10 million iPod's SOLD..." What they don't mention is also 4 million defective returns. It is weird how many people would want an iPod without even knowing what they were, or that an mp3 player is an iPod and that there are others. Today, when reading my rss feeds on gadgets and my techie world, i found this site: iDont. It sum'd up my feeling about iPod's so gracefully and more importantly, it was funny! In short, I would like an mp3 player for the bus so I can listen to music, watch some fun little video's, and also listen to audio books. That'd be nice, but is it worth it? Is it worth $200.. Still doesn't seem like it, maybe down the road.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home